Monday, August 4, 2014

3 months

We went up to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the 4th of July and you did an excellent job!  All smiles!  We also got to go swimming in the lake where I grew up camping and you didn't seem to mind too much.  You've been interested in exactly one toy on occasion and will sometimes bat at it (we give you lots of cheers and then you look at us like we are the crazy ones).  You've been sleeping for 4-5 hours at once at night, but are tricky about it: you start this long sleep at 7pm and refuse to budge your bedtime to later, so mom & dad don't really get to enjoy that long sleep much.  We started out our All-in-one diapers and are not so sure of the results, since you are such a slender fella.  We are thinking of returning the unwashed ones and exchanging for best bottoms.   Mommy lesson: don't commit too hard because the baby makes his own plans for everything.

I don't know how it's possible,  but you manage to get lint waded up in between your fingers and in the creases of your hands like nobody's business. I've made it my mission in life to keep your hands lint-free and is like a full time job. My other full-time job would be to worry too much about you: did he get enough to eat? Is he gaining weight fast enough? Is he cold? Is he hot? Does he have enough stimulation when I zone out in front of PBS instead of interacting with him? Is the massive amount of fruit snacks I eat slowly killing him with red40?  This is where another parent comes in handy since Dillon generally just tells me to calm down, offers me a beer and plays loudly and roughly with Levi (as rough as a 3 month old can handle). So thanks hubby! You are the xanex to my neurosis.  And if that isn't a compliment, I don't know what is.
Week 9

 
Week 10
Week 11

Week 12
Week 13


No comments:

Post a Comment