Monday, March 16, 2015

Another Secret Dress

HI ALL!  Sorry I've been absent for a bit, I'll catch up sometime.  I keep taking "blog pictures" but they never seem to make it off my phone.

Do you all remember when I told you my biggest secret?  I bared my soul here on the internet?  My huge secret that I had kept, even from my husband, for several years?

Go ahead, I'll wait....




.....





......




Basically, I've been saving and making and creating things for future kiddos for a long long time.  Before I was pregnant, I had purchased furniture knowing it would be good for a changing table, I'd decorated using the colors for our nursery (decorations that someday would get moved there), I'd sewed major projects for non-existant kids.  Phew.  Feels good to let go of that secret.

Well I'm at it again.  We have a TON of friends who are pregnant; seriously, it's everywhere.  (Side note: I think I'll make a blog post of what worked well when I was preggo so that I can stop forcing my opinion on these poor pregnant ladies in my life.  I keep having to bite my tongue so maybe if I write it here I won't have such an urge???)

So I have been making a few things for said pregnant friends and I figured that while I was at it, I would whip out another tiny dress for future babies.  Now, I'm not pregnant so just calm yourself down. Also, don't get all "Oh she wants a GIRL" on me either.  I think boys are fun!   I just like to sew baby things, and dresses are easy and cute, and boys generally don't wear dresses.  Find me a cute boy sewing pattern and I'll give that a go, it's just that those patterns are harder to come by. 

If we don't have any more kids or if we don't have a girl, I'll pass this (and all the other dresses I've made) along to a cute friend! 

THIS is the dress. Well, it's the dress with very different fabric, buttons instead of a zipper, contrasting trim at the neck, and shorter length sleeves (whoopsie!)


Notice the perfect little gather at the front and the WOWTHATSIMPRESSIVE skinny trim along the neck. 

Auditioning buttons, I think I need to go pick up some small navy ones.  Maybe in a girly flower shape



It sewed up quickly and looks adorable!  I love when I can use fabric from my stash (although it calls for 3/4 yard and I think it needs a full yard.  That's how I got 3/4 length sleeves).  I'm glad to be done with it though, as sitting in my basement during naptime is NOT the best use of our spring weather!

So it'll be hanging in the closet for awhile and I can look at it whenever I want.  I know, I'm a strange lady.

I see all these cute craft rooms online.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who sews in a basement (this is the most brightly lit area of the basement) next to wood and brooms.  Just keepin it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment