Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Potato chip bag

I finally finished this project for my dear husband.  Every day he brings a sandwich and a bag of chips to work with him.  I already made him a reusable sandwich wrap for Christmas last year, so I thought I would make him a reusable bag for his potato chips as well.
 I followed a tutorial to fuse three target bags together (although it didn't seem to do much fusing.  Maybe it's our iron) and then used some lettering from a plastic Wal-Mart bag for the wording.  Over the top, I put a cut up ziploc bag because it is food quality (and hasn't been melted from the fusing).  I used some stash fabric and came up with this: 



It took me forever to finally get around to putting on the velcro.  I thought it was going to be a big project, but it turns out that the stuff I bought was self-adhesive.  This means that no matter how hard you try to sew it on for industrial-strength reinforcement, your needle will get so gummed up that you can't sew.  So I let the adhesive do its thing.  Ta Da!  Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment