Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Little Reading

Recently my son discovered that he could turn pages in books. It makes for quite interesting stories at bedtime! We've also gotten a few Christmas cards with photos and Levi loves to look at them.  So I decided to combine these two new hobbies and make him a book for Christmas with pictures of our family.  There are services where I could have printed a book of photos like I've done in the past, or even a place to print more durable board books, but I just didn't want to pay that much because I really want him to touch it & use it & it will probably end up in his mouth a lot. Not to mention that I'm cheap. Hi my name is Lindsey and I'm on the verge of being featured on extreme cheapskates.



So instead I found this old school small vinyl photo album (okay okay it was at a thrift store but it was NEW) and had some family photos printed when I ordered my Christmas cards (okay okay the prints were free with my order). I stuck them inside and wrote a couple of simple sentences on colorful paper for us to read together. And that was it!  He'll love looking at the pictures, (especially since he is featured on every page! ) and turning the pages and we can change out pictures someday if we want. Boom.  Stocking stuffer!  And with this I think all the presents are finished.  Now to start the wrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment