Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Catching up

Here's what I've been up to for the past couple of (unfortunately blog-less) weeks:





Pierogi making at its' finest!  Cut the dough, fill with cheese/egg mixture, boil them, fry them, eat!  I froze a bunch as well and did my darnedest to keep my husband from eating the whole batch.  He loves butter, therefore he loves these pierogi!


 
We enjoyed a lovely (and very successful) Badger football game with some friends, followed by one of the best burgers I've ever eaten in my life.

AAAnd I made these lovely Halloween sugar cookies.  They were a little too delicious though, because we ate them all up in a day. I plan on making more this weekend when we carve our pumpkins.  ALSO, they were so yummy because I used a different frosting recipe that dried very hard (read: portable) and used almond extract instead of vanilla.  It just adds a little extra yumminess to store-bought cookie dough.  Make your own!


Sugar Cookie Frosting:

1c. powdered sugar
2tsp milk
2tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla OR ALMOND extract
food coloring

Mix the powdered sugar and milk until it's all incorporated.  Just keep mixing, it will work eventually. Next, beat in the corn syrup and vanilla/almond.  If it's too thick, add more corn syrup first.  Then, if you are like me and were too impatient to stir in all the milk during the first step, add a little more milk, corn syrup, or powdered sugar to even out whatever you threw in so that it's a nice frosting-y consistency.  Frost, wait for it to dry (or not), and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment